Sunday, July 6, 2008

New York City


Hey all,

This past Saturday Anthony and I ventured to New York City for the day via bus. We left my house at 5:45 in the morning to be picked up in Rockville. The bus was nice and Asians ran it. Our driver sported the 80s look and he had a mustache. I don't think I've ever seen an Asian with a mustache. Have you?

We got to New York at 11:30 and were dropped off at Penn Station. It was raining. Boo. Now Anthony has been to NYC maybe once when he was 5, and even then he is not sure. It was quite the culture shock to him, but he adjusted and liked it. I love the city. I did not like the rain though.

After figuring out the subway we took it to 42nd street and walked through Times Square. There was a large Eddie Murphy head in the middle of the street which would be odd if it you did not know it goes with the movie "Meet Dave." (I think that's what it's called.)

We walked to 47th street to find the GREASE theater. Yes, we saw Grease on Broadway, but I'll get to that later. We then walked to 50th street and ate some NYC pizza. Mmmm. Obviously, we had to go to Starbucks for me.

Grease starred the winners from "You're The One That I Want" tv show as well as Taylor Hicks, 2006 American Idol winner. Taylor played Teen Angel and he had a few harmonica solos. Go figure. He was good I suppose.

I think this is a funny story. While we were waiting in line this young girl, maybe 18, was smoking and this older woman was YELLING at her to back away from the theater because the law prohibits anyone from smoking within 15 feet of a building. She was so rude and I wanted to turn around and say something to her, however, the Spirit inside me said no and what goes around, comes around. Check this out: the characters smoked on stage the entire time. I mean it's Grease and greasers smoke! Haha. I was sitting in my chair laughing. It was wonderful. Maybe a little wrong, but wonderful.
After the show we went back to the bus pickup place. We both ate vendor hot dogs and Anthony ate an amazing Gyro as well. It was the bomb. On the way back we had to stop in both Baltimore and D.C. before getting to Rockville, but I think the best part was getting to Rockville and my car was missing. My car had been towed as well as three other people. There were signs, but they were small and there was not one in the row I parked in. The lot is in front of an abandoned building! I made some bad assumptions and just parked there. It was unfortunate. My Dad had to come pick us up and take us to the towing company. It cost over a hundred to get my car back. Towing is stupid. There was no reason other than the fact that whoever owned that lot didn't want anyone parking there. They're totally out to get you! Nonetheless, God provided and we were able to get my car back in the nick of time even after getting lost and having 15 minutes to get there. God showed up big time. :-)

I mean who invented towing anyways?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah, asians don't really grow mustaches. Impressive.

She Can Laugh at the Days to Come said...

haha touche drea. :-)

Anonymous said...

Asian people talk funny too. Babe I love you