Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bowling

I went bowling tonight with some cool high schoolers and several people had three strikes in a row. The sign for this was a turkey. This baffled me. Why should getting three stikes in a row create and image of a turkey with a three in the middle of it on the screen? Is this a common thing?

Furthermore, where do the names "strike" and "spare" come from? Strange.

I noticed some very interesting characters bowling. We all were trying to see why people would be in a league on a Saturday night? Do people really have nothing better to do in the greater Washington Metropolitan area or is it just that cool? I do not know the answer to this question, but I found a few pro bowler pictures. You be the judge?

Is professional bowling in or out?

Make sure to check out the Professional Bowler's Association. You can sign up for their fantasy league! Get on it!





2 comments:

Nick and Kaley said...

Remember that Disney Channel Original Movie about bowling?
I think that means bowling is in! ha ha

Anonymous said...

haha..i have never actually seen that movie! maybe I will blog about that next! lol