Monday, July 28, 2008

WWF..I Don't Get It...Do You?



Can someone please tell me why the WWF is something people actually watch? As far as I can tell it is totally fake yet people seem to watch it. I seem to remember watching my ten and under year old cousins watching WWF and knowing every wrestler. It was quite disturbing. I mean what is wrong with a little SpongeBob?

Now boxing, I get. Kimbo Slice and others are legit. Apparently, men beating each other up is a sport, scary, but at least it is real. I mean Wikipedia clearly states: "WWE's business focus is on professional wrestling, a simulated sport and performing art which combines wrestling with theater." The WWF had revenues of $486 million last year. That's a lot of dough. I bet some small countries don't even make that in a year.

Also, what is with the scantily clad women? What purpose do they serve other than to arouse the men who are about the fake beat up someone?


Yet the stands are consistently full! I just don't get it. I would hope America can find a new pastime other than this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely no idea. I'm a very sports-minded guy but I never liked this stuff as a kid, never will understand why ANYONE likes it as an adult either.