Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jaws 2

Well folks I have gotten a part-time job, but it doesn't start until Mid-August, leaving me plenty of time to watch old movies on AMC. Today the pick of the day was Jaws 2. I have actually never seen the sequel to the infamous killer shark movie that plagued the 1970s.

Chief Brody is still in the same town as the first movie and another Great White Shark seems to find his way into Brody's waters. After relentlessly watching the waves after a dead killer whale washes ashore our hero has a nervous breakdown and shoots a school of blue fish off the shore near swimmers. This happens after he rings a bell screaming that everyone should get out of the water. People believed him to be crazy.

As the movie progresses Chief Brody grounds his now teenage son Mike who rebels against his father by taking a bunch of friends out on some sail boats. While sailing the Atlantic the Great White decides to attack. He must have been a hungry bugger. The shark continues to stalk the teens as Chief Brody and his wife set off on a search for their disobedient son.

I haven't formally decided what my opinion is of this movie, but I can say it is not as bad as I thought. I do believe, however, there is a third movie that I can only assume is pretty bad. It would be very hard for me to believe a third Great White ended up in Chief Brody's town...again.

I will say I think my favorite part is when a girl is water skiing off the back of a boat and the shark decides to jump up and snatch her. Keep in mind friends that my Dad just bought a 2001 Bayliner that came with water skis as well as a tube. I mean I was already afraid of sharks.



Hmm...

Oooo or my favorite part is when a man in a small beach patrol helicopter comes to rescue the two sailboats full of kids. Apparently a helicopter can drag boats from the water to land? Oh, but before he gets the chance he gets eaten and the kids are still being stalked by the very hungry shark.

2 comments:

Randi said...

where are you working???

She Can Laugh at the Days to Come said...

hahaha..that was not the comment I expected..i am working at MetaMedia...it's where I used to work during my HS summers :-)