Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Pines and Tornados

Due to Matt Berbert's comment "Katie, you need to blog more often" I am making this post.

This past weekend I went to the Pines with my parents, Grandma, and Anthony. You can only imagine the humor of the situation especially when you learn I drove my Grandma both ways. What a wonderful experience.

Saturday we attempted to go golfing, but a freakishly scary thunderstorm boasting possible tornadoes prevented us from going. I was pretty sure I did not want to go once I saw the strange dark clouds above my head while I was at the driving range. Instead, Anthony and I settled for dinner with the fam and watching "Juno," a hilarious movie you should all see. Seriously. Rent it.

Sunday we went to Assateague and I could not believe the enormous swarms of mosquitos...at the beach?! Who knew?! They were horrible! We were able to golf that night and only slightly cheated. Our golfing was followed by another thunderstorm and Mexican food. Yum.

I found this crazy tornado video. My list of things to do before I die includes seeing a tornado with my own eyes. I think they are AWESOME. Yeah, they kill people and destroy homes, but still. They are a magnificent site I would to see!



That is dang cool. Has anyone ever seen one?!?! Please tell me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that tornado looked like you on the soccer field, fast, powerful, and dangerous!