Friday, May 23, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of...Aliens?!?!?


Ok this movie was horrendous. I was so disappointed. It started off okay and then it way haywire. It was completely unrealistic, but in an annoying way. There were tons of references to the other movies which is good sometimes, but not all the time. When there are too many it loses its flair. The whole story was just weird. I cannot believe there was actually an alien being. I openly laughed. I could not believe it. I could believe the crusader from the 3rd one being alive for 600 years, I can believe a dude who tears hearts out of chests, and I can believe in the Ark's power, but aliens?! Come on! I love Harrison Ford and I love that Karen Allen, his original leading lady, came back to the big screen with him, but the whole thing with Shia was very predictable. In fact, most of the movie was predictable. I think they overloaded on the special effects because they could with all the technology we have now they didn't have before. Some of the fight scenes went on and on and left me saying...for real? Did that just happen?

I would love to hear what you guys think! Sorry if that was a bit...harsh...but I'm just being honest.

2 comments:

c.dub said...

I completly agree. Manly and I saw it tonight and left saying that was not Indiana Jones.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I would say that the movie was horrendous. It was very far fetched, just like the rest of them as you even mentioned. I myself was skeptical as I was watching it, thinking is this really happening Indiana. But then it dawned on me, that really why is this more far fetched than anything else that has happened in the movies? it really wasn't, its just a little bit more modern but it kept with the whole ideas of the other movies. I'd give the movie a good rating, not an excellent nor a horrendous.